Becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic takes 7 – 8 years of schooling to be licensed and regulated, with continuing education requirements.
Dr. Natasha Hayden received her Doctor of Chiropractic from the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon. Before relocating to Oregon, she attended school at Thompson Rivers University in her hometown of Kamloops, BC, graduating with an honour’s degree in Chemical Biology. She now practices in Montreal, Quebec.
University of Western State Doctor of Chiropractic program enables the graduates to:
- Perform appropriate patient assessments and formulate a diagnosis/es.
- Execute and update appropriate case management plans.
- Promote health, wellness, safety, and disease prevention, including public health issues relevant to patients.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in patient care and professional interactions, including producing, updating, and protecting accurate patient records and relevant documentation.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and knowledge of the legal responsibilities of a health care provider and clinical practice owner or employee.
- Critically access, appraise, and apply scientific literature and other health information resources to provide effective patient care.
- Deliver safe, appropriate, and effective treatments, including spinal manipulation.
- Communicate and collaborate with other health care professionals regarding patient care.
- Integrate knowledge of basic and clinical science.
UWS Doctor of Chiropractic Program
Canadian chiropractors adopt evidence-informed practice principles to guide clinical decision-making by integrating their clinical expertise, patients’ preferences and values, and the best available scientific evidence.
They have completed a rigorous academic and practical education (including national standardized educational requirements) and passed a licensing examination to become a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC).
What does a chiropractor do?
Chiropractors help ease Canadians’ pain, enabling them to live the active, pain-free lives they want. Chiropractors treat neck pain, back pain, arthritis, certain types of headaches, injuries and more. They are the spine, muscle and nervous system experts who specialize in assessing, diagnosing, treating, and developing care plans to keep you moving and pain-free. Canadian Chiropractor Association
How Dr. Natasha Hayden, BSc DC helps you.
The successful implementation of chiropractic care in controlling chronic headaches since childhood inspired Natasha to pursue a career in chiropractic. Although Natasha focuses on pediatric and prenatal care, she shares her skills and knowledge to provide the whole family, from birth and beyond, with the skills necessary to overcome their injuries and achieve optimal health.
As a holistic medicine model, she forms a personalized health treatment plan tailored to achieve your health and wellness goals, incorporating hands-on chiropractic adjustments, rehabilitation exercises, nutritional counselling and movement-based therapies as appropriate.
An initial appointment will include a thorough history and physical examination. If determined that your condition will not benefit from chiropractic care, Dr. Natasha will refer you to the healthcare professional best suited to your needs.
Dr Natasha Hayden is a pediatric and prenatal chiropractor that is passionate about helping her community discover just how good their bodies are designed to feel, so they can do more of what they love.
Your health goals are within reach with the support of our team.